Thursday, March 9, 2017

On the bus

Four days a week I catch the bus to school. It goes from around the corner to my school and I figure it's good to get out and about with the real people after years of driving everywhere. It also gets me walking again, after a sprained ankle late last year stopped me in my tracks.

Canberra is such a small place that if I catch the same bus every morning I get the same driver, and the same thing happens in the afternoon. The afternoon driver should really get an award for friendliness. He greets every passenger and farewells them when they leave. Yesterday, he helped an older passenger by lifting her walker off the bus and then arranged her shopping bags.

"See you next time," he said as he hopped back aboard the bus.

I use bus time to think and to take photographs that I will incorporate into one of my art projects this year.

This is the view towards Parliament Houses, old and new, as we cross Anzac Parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment